A fun and creative way to learn about how adjectives can be used to describe a character's appearance and personality.
This versatile template can be used in either the reading or writing classroom! Use it when learning about the different parts of a sentence and how adjectives are used in writing to provide information about nouns, or when learning about character traits in reading!
This teaching resource is ideal to use in the classroom when reading, deconstructing, and responding to Literature.
After enjoying a shared reading experience of the classic, “The Gingerbread Man”:
- discuss how adjectives are used to give information about characters in the story
- identify adjectives within the text
- brainstorm adjectives that describe the gingerbread man in the story
- complete the steps to create a character accordion
- make a vibrant classroom display.