A 23 slide editable PowerPoint template to use when teaching your students about the structure and language features of informative texts.
- an overview of the purpose and types of informative texts
- an explanation of facts, with example fact files
- an explanation of information report structure, with annotated examples
- an explanation of informative language features, with annotated examples.
Activities for students, relating to informative structure and language features, are also included.
Use the drop-down menu to select the following download options:
How do I open and edit this PowerPoint presentation?
"I love teach starter and am so thankful to have found such a great resource collection. The fee is only a few hours pay and I saved myself that much work within the first 15 minutes!" ~ Nanci, a happy Teach Starter member.
Want to see why hundreds of thousands of teachers love Teach Starter? Download a FREE 200+ page pack of premium Teach Starter teaching resources.
Common Core State Standards alignment
- Grade 1 > English Language Arts Standards > Writing > Text Types and Purposes > CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.W.1.2
Write informative/explanatory texts in which they name a topic, supply some facts about the topic, and provide some sense of closure....
- Grade 2 > English Language Arts Standards > Writing > Text Types and Purposes > CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.W.2.2
Write informative/explanatory texts in which they introduce a topic, use facts and definitions to develop points, and provide a concluding statement or section....
Photos of this resource, shared by teachers, parents and the Teach Starter team!
Find more resources for these topics
Comments & Reviews
Design update of PowerPoint template.
Change by Stephanie (Teach Starter) 20th May
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!