Create a graphic summary of the French and Indian War with a brochure template.
Skip That French and Indian War Summary!
The hardest thing about teaching Social Studies and American History is that, sometimes, the content can be dry, and it is difficult to come up with engaging activities that aren’t your standard written summaries and worksheets. We’re working hard to help you out of that jam by creating templates and other resources to help you teach your content!
Kid-Friendly Activities for the French and Indian War
This brochure template provides students with an organized and graphically pleasing brochure project to complete on the French and Indian War. It takes the same concepts as your basic summary of the French and Indian War and turns them into a format that is more pleasing and engaging to the learner. Students will use facts and details from their lessons to complete the French and Indian War Brochure. With this activity, students will discover
- Who fought in the French and Indian War?
- When did the first battle in the French and Indian War occur?
- What caused the French and Indian War?
- Who were the key leaders during the French and Indian War?
- Who won the French and Indian War?
- How did the French and Indian War affect the colonies?
Tips for Differentiation + Scaffolding
In addition to independent student work time, use this worksheet as an activity for:
- Cross-Curricular reading groups
- Lesson warm-up
- Lesson wrap-up
- Fast finishers
- Homework assignment
- Whole-class review (via smartboard)
To challenge your accelerated students,
- Provide your students with a completed brochure, and have them create a French and Indian War anchor chart or poster for the classroom.
- Provide your students with trade books and other informational reading materials to use in the classroom.
To help your struggling readers,
- Complete the activity in a small group or 1:1 learning session.
- Provide your students with differentiated reading materials to reference while completing the project.
- Provide students with an anchor chart, poster, or other French and Indian War resources to reference during the activity.
Easily Download & Print
Use the dropdown icon on the Download button to choose between the PDF or Google Slides version of this resource.
Additionally, project the worksheet onto a screen and work through it as a class by having students record their answers in their notebooks.
Grab more resources to teach the French and Indian War for kids!
Don’t stop there! We’ve got more activities to shorten your lesson planning time:
[resource:4844022] [resource:4836075] [resource:4844201]