A set of 115 'I can' statement cards focusing on numeracy for middle elementary.
This set of ‘I can’ statement cards are designed tohelp students develop numeracyskills. The statements help students to reflect upon their work and become more responsible for their own learning.
Math topics covered:
- Number and Place Value
- Patterns and Algebra
- Units of Measurement
- Location and Transformation
- Data Representation and Interpretation
Print, laminate and stick a small magnetic strip to the back so they can be stuck on to your classroom whiteboard. Blank cards are also included for personalized ‘I can’ statements.
How to use this resource:
- Use the ‘I can’ statements as weekly classroom goals. Once the class has achieved their ‘I can’ statement, stick all of the statements on a displayboard as a reminder of the goals they have achieved.
- Use the ‘I can’ statements during small group activities. Each group will have an ‘I can’ statement they are working toward.
- Print out sets of the ‘I can’ statements to be used for individual students. Stick their own ‘I can’ statement on their desk to remind them of what they are working toward in numeracy.
Please note, this resource is a large file so may take a little longer to download.