Part of a series of inference scenario worksheets to use when teaching your students how to infer information from images.
Inferring is a valuable skill for students to apply when engaging with and responding to texts.
This worksheet provides an inference scenario and a series of questions which will prompt the students to answer questions about what is going on in the scenario and to decide whether they have used inference or prediction in giving their answers. The questions asked are:
- Who will win the race between the tortoise, the antelope and the cheetah?
- Why is the horse upset?
- What will happen when the rabbit lands?
- Is the alligator a good gymnast? Why do you think this?
- What is the rooster thinking? Why do you think this?
- What will happen next, after the rhinoceros throws the javelin?
- What racing event are the tortoise, the antelope and the cheetah taking part in?
- What are the fox and the giraffe doing?
Download this resource as part of a larger resource pack or Unit Plan.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
English Language Arts and ReadingReadingComprehension SkillsMetacognitive SkillsWorksheetsReading Comprehension StrategiesMaking PredictionsReading Center ActivitiesReading Small Group ActivitiesInferencing
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!