Part of a series of inference scenario worksheets to use when teaching your students how to infer information from images.
Inferring is a valuable skill for students to apply when engaging with and responding to texts.
This worksheet provides an inference scenario and a series of questions which will prompt the students to answer questions about what is going on in the scenario and to decide whether they have used inference or prediction in giving their answers. The questions asked are:
- Where is this picture taking place? How do you know?
- Why are there so many medals on the general’s chest?
- What is the old lady knitting?
- Why is the man selling pocket watches? What makes you think that?
- What is the man sitting behind the general doing? Why do you think that?
- What does the old man sitting in the front want? Why do you think he wants that?
- What are the two men who are wearing hats discussing? What makes you think this?
- What is the woman who is holding an apple doing?
Download this resource as part of a larger resource pack or Unit Plan.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
English Language Arts and ReadingReadingComprehension SkillsMetacognitive SkillsWorksheetsReading Comprehension StrategiesMaking PredictionsReading Center ActivitiesReading Small Group ActivitiesInferencing
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!