Part of a series of inference scenario worksheets to use when teaching your students how to infer information from images.
Inferring is a valuable skill for students to apply when engaging with and responding to texts.
This worksheet provides an inference scenario and a series of questions which will prompt the students to answer questions about what is going on in the scenario and to decide whether they have used inference or prediction in giving their answers. The questions asked are:
- What kind of shop is the octopus working in?
- What kind of shop is the hammerhead shark working in?
- What kind of shop is the crab working in?
- What is the jellyfish carrying in its shopping bag?
- How is the turtle feeling? Why do you think this?
- Which fish is feeling scared? Why do you think this?
- Which fish is feeling amazed? Why do you think this?
- What will the seahorse order?
Resource Pack This resource is part of the Comprehension Strategy Teaching Resource Pack - Making Predictions. Download this resource and 31 other resources in the complete pack. View the pack...
Resource Pack This resource is part of the Comprehension Strategy Teaching Resource Pack - Draw Conclusions and Make Inferences. Download this resource and 31 other resources in the complete pack. View the pack...
How do I print this teaching resource?
"I love teach starter and am so thankful to have found such a great resource collection. The fee is only a few hours pay and I saved myself that much work within the first 15 minutes!" ~ Nanci, a happy Teach Starter member.
Want to see why hundreds of thousands of teachers love Teach Starter? Download a FREE 200+ page pack of premium Teach Starter teaching resources.
Find more resources for these topics
Comments & Reviews
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!