Activity worksheets to use in the classroom when learning about the letters of the alphabet and their sounds.
Use this phonics resource in the classroom when teaching students to identify and name the letters of the alphabet and the most common sound that they represent.
In each worksheet, students complete different tasks such as:
- coloring in the pictures that begin with the letter
- drawing a picture to match a sentence
- adding letters to make new words
- circling specified uppercase and lowercase letters
- writing words that begin with specific letters
- coloring in specific letters
- matching words with pictures
- choosing words that best complete the sentence
- writing a sentence to match a picture
- circling words that begin with specified letters.
Download this resource as part of a larger resource pack or Unit Plan.
Common Core Curriculum alignment
Recognize and name all upper- and lowercase letters of the alphabet.
Demonstrate basic knowledge of one-to-one letter-sound correspondences by producing the primary sound or many of the most frequent sounds for each consonant.
Print many upper- and lowercase letters.
Print all upper- and lowercase letters.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
We have updated the letters and have added a handwriting line that they sit on making it easier for students to practice writing.
Change by Natalie Sep 8th, 2020
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!