Number Talks – Measurement Conversion Task CardsTo download this premium resource Sign up to Teach Starter Not ready for a premium account? Browse free resources.
Build number sense skills with this set of 40 task cards.
Use this set of task cards to easily implement number talks into your classroom.
Number talks are meant to be short, daily, math activities that allow students to have meaningful and highly engaging conversations about math. Simply show students the front of the card, and ask the prompts on the back. These exchanges will lead to the development of more accurate, efficient, and flexible strategies for students.
- standard measurement conversions
- finding perimeter/area in different units
- deciding which amount is larger/smaller
- solving multi-step word problems.
Print out the task cards front and back so that the prompts are displayed on the back of each card. The cards can also be put on a ring for added convenience.
Use the drop-down menu to select the following download options:How do I print this teaching resource?
"I love teach starter and am so thankful to have found such a great resource collection. The fee is only a few hours pay and I saved myself that much work within the first 15 minutes!" ~ Nanci, a happy Teach Starter member.
Want to see why hundreds of thousands of teachers love Teach Starter? Download a FREE 200+ page pack of premium Teach Starter teaching resources.
Common Core State Standards alignment
- Grade 4 > Standards for Mathematical Practice > Measurement & Data > Solve problems involving measurement and conversion of measurements > CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.4.MD.A.1
Know relative sizes of measurement units within one system of units including km, m, cm; kg, g; lb, oz.; l, ml; hr, min, sec. Within a single system of measurement, express measurements in a larger unit in terms of a smaller unit. Record measurement ...
- Grade 4 > Standards for Mathematical Practice > Measurement & Data > Solve problems involving measurement and conversion of measurements > CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.4.MD.A.2
Use the four operations to solve word problems involving distances, intervals of time, liquid volumes, masses of objects, and money, including problems involving simple fractions or decimals, and problems that require expressing measurements given in...
- Grade 4 > Standards for Mathematical Practice > Measurement & Data > Solve problems involving measurement and conversion of measurements > CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.4.MD.A.3
Apply the area and perimeter formulas for rectangles in real world and mathematical problems. For example, find the width of a rectangular room given the area of the flooring and the length, by viewing the area formula as a multiplication equation wi...
- Grade 5 > Standards for Mathematical Practice > Measurement & Data > Convert like measurement units within a given measurement system > CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.5.MD.A.1
Convert among different-sized standard measurement units within a given measurement system (e.g., convert 5 cm to 0.05 m), and use these conversions in solving multi-step, real world problems....
Photos of this resource, shared by teachers, parents and the Teach Starter team!
Share this teaching resource
Do you have friends missing out on Teach Starter? Share this teaching resource with your friends and colleagues!
Comments & Reviews
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!