A set of 30 picture cards that can be used to help consolidate students’ knowledge of rhyming words.
Rhyming words are an important foundational language skill for students to understand. This phonics game is a fantastic way to help students in the lower grades notice and work with sounds within words.
How to use this resource:
- Print out the cards on cardstock, and cut out each rhyming card.
- Shuffle the cards and then match up the words that rhyme to make a pair.
- Play Go Fish with each pair of rhyming words making a book.
- Give each student in the class one card and have them find their rhyming partner.
- Have students create as many rhyming words as possible when given or shown a card.
Download this resource as part of a larger resource pack or Unit Plan.
"I love teach starter and am so thankful to have found such a great resource collection. The fee is only a few hours pay and I saved myself that much work within the first 15 minutes!" ~ Nanci, a happy Teach Starter member.
Want to see why hundreds of thousands of teachers love Teach Starter? Download a FREE 200+ page pack of premium Teach Starter teaching resources.
Common Core Curriculum alignment
Find more resources for these topics
Comments & Reviews
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!