A set of 30 picture cards that can be used to help consolidate students’ knowledge of rhyming words.
Rhyming words are an important foundational language skill for students to understand. This phonics game is a fantastic way to help students in the lower grades notice and work with sounds within words.
How to use this resource:
- Print out the cards on cardstock, and cut out each rhyming card.
- Shuffle the cards and then match up the words that rhyme to make a pair.
- Play Go Fish with each pair of rhyming words making a book.
- Give each student in the class one card and have them find their rhyming partner.
- Have students create as many rhyming words as possible when given or shown a card.
Download this resource as part of a larger resource pack or Unit Plan.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!