A set of 30 picture cards that can be used to help consolidate students' knowledge of rhyming words.
Rhyming words are an important foundational language skill for students to understand. This phonics game is a fantastic way to help students in the lower grades notice and work with sounds within words.
How to use this resource
- Print, cut out and laminate the rhyming cards.
- Shuffle the cards, and then match up the words that rhyme to make a pair.
- Play ‘Go Fish’ with each pair of rhyming words.
- Give each student in the class one card, and then have them find their rhyming partner.
- Have students create as many rhyming words as possible when given or shown a card.