A set of 32 food sheets to use in a pass around-style adjective activity.
Use this activity when teaching students about adjectives.
How to Complete the Activity:
- Print out the sheets and give one sheet to each students. Have students sit in a large circle with their sheet and a pencil.
- Set a timer for 1–2 minutes. The student will write only one adjective on a line to describe the food.
- When the timer goes off, all students will pass the paper to the person on their left.
- The student will write a different adjective on line 2 to describe the food.
- When the timer goes off, all students will pass the paper again to the person on their left.
- Continue in this manner until 6 different adjectives have been written on the page and sentences have been written using each of the adjectives listed.
At the end of the activity, review each sheet as a class and discuss which words were stronger than others.
Common Core Curriculum alignment
Use adjectives and adverbs, and choose between them depending on what is to be modified.
Form and use comparative and superlative adjectives and adverbs, and choose between them depending on what is to be modified.
Order adjectives within sentences according to conventional patterns (e.g., a small red bag rather than a red small bag).
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
We have updated the images used in this resource.
Change by Natalie Oct 29th, 2020
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!