20 pages of weekly spelling words based on patterns, extension words, and activities.
These spelling activity cards include:
- 10 spelling words
- 5 extension words
- activity grid with 10 fun and engaging activities.
Also included are color and black and white Word versions for you to add your own words and activities.
Covering a range of spelling concepts including phonemes, digraphs, blends, and plurals.
- oo, ew, ue, u-e
- m, mm, mb
- n, nn, kn
- r, rr, wr
- j, g, ge, dge
- w, wh, u
- _e, y, igh, i
- ir, ur, or, er
- or, ore, a, aw, au
- oa, o-e, ow, u
- ou, ow
- ck, sh, ch (end)
- ch, sh, th, wh
- e, ea, ee, y, ey
- ai, ay, a-e, a
- oi, oy
- nt, nd, nk, mp and st (end)
- bl, cl, fl, gl, pl, sl
- br, cr, dr, fr, gr, tr
How to use this resource:
- Print out the black and white spelling grids and have students stick them into their spelling journals or folders at the beginning of the week.
- Students need to color each box in the Activity Grid by the end of the week.
- Print and laminate the colored grids to have at activity stations during your literacy stations.
- Send home the black and white versions for weekly homework.
Other resources you may like:
Common Core Curriculum alignment
Generalize learned spelling patterns when writing words (e.g., cage → badge; boy → boil).
Use conventional spelling for high-frequency and other studied words and for adding suffixes to base words (e.g., sitting, smiled, cries, happiness).
Use spelling patterns and generalizations (e.g., word families, position-based spellings, syllable patterns, ending rules, meaningful word parts) in writing words.
Know the spelling-sound correspondences for common consonant digraphs.
Identify words with inconsistent but common spelling-sound correspondences.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!