A 19 slide editable PowerPoint template to use when teaching your students about the structure and language features of informative texts.
- an overview of the purpose and types of informative texts
- an explanation of informative text structure, with annotated examples
- an explanation of informative language features, with annotated examples.
Activities for students, relating to informative structure and language features, are also included.
How do I open and edit this PowerPoint presentation?
"I love teach starter and am so thankful to have found such a great resource collection. The fee is only a few hours pay and I saved myself that much work within the first 15 minutes!" ~ Nanci, a happy Teach Starter member.
Want to see why hundreds of thousands of teachers love Teach Starter? Download a FREE 200+ page pack of premium Teach Starter teaching resources.
Common Core State Standards alignment
- Grade 5 > English Language Arts Standards > Writing > Text Types and Purposes > CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.W.5.2
Write informative/explanatory texts to examine a topic and convey ideas and information clearly....
- Grade 6 > English Language Arts Standards > Writing > Text Types and Purposes > CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.W.6.2
Write informative/explanatory texts to examine a topic and convey ideas, concepts, and information through the selection, organization, and analysis of relevant content....
Photos of this resource, shared by teachers, parents and the Teach Starter team!
Find more resources for these topics
Comments & Reviews
Update to design of PowerPoint template.
Change by Stephanie (Teach Starter) 27th Mar
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!