A 33-slide, editable PowerPoint template to use when teaching your students about informative writing.
What are informative texts?
The purpose of an informative text is to describe how and why a particular thing works, or how and why a particular event occurs. Informative texts can be written about a wide range of topics. Some examples include common objects, complex machinery, historical events, and natural phenomena.
Teaching your students how to write an informative text has never been so easy!
This PowerPoint presentation provides the complete guide to writing an effective informative text. It has been designed to teach your students about the text structure and language features of informative texts in a clear and logical sequence. The presentation includes:
- a tuning in activity designed to stimulate interest and activate prior knowledge
- an overview of the purpose of informative texts
- an overview of the structure of informative texts
- an overview of the language features of informative texts
- three examples of informative texts for students to read and analyze.
Work through the PowerPoint over a number of lessons. Class, group, and individual activities to reinforce the structure and language features of informative writing are included in the teaching presentation.