Physical activity and health. The student knows and applies safety practices associated with physical activities. The student is expected to:
- (1) use equipment and space safely and
- (A) describe the importance of protective equipment in preventing injury such as helmets, elbow/knee pads, wrist guards, proper shoes, and clothing;
- (B) describe how to protect himself/herself from harmful effects of the sun;
- (C) list water safety rules and demonstrate simple extension rescue; and
- (D) describe and demonstrate appropriate reactions to emergency situations common to physical activity settings such as universal safety precautions, and calling 911.
5 teaching resources for those 'aha' moments
Design Your Own Bike Helmet - Worksheet
A worksheet for students to design their own bike helmet while talking about bike safety.
Parts of a Bicycle - Worksheet
A worksheet to practice labeling the parts of a bicycle.
Bike Riding is Fun! - Writing Prompt
A writing prompt about riding a bicycle.
Bicycle Safety Sort - Cut and Paste Worksheet
A cut and paste sorting activity about bicycle safety.
Ball Handling Drills for Kids — Teacher Tasks Cards
A set of 4 task cards containing drills and activities to develop ball skills.