Active Learning Resource PackTo download this premium resource Sign up to Teach Starter Not ready for a premium account? Browse free resources.
Whole class or small group active games that encourage learning through a physical setting.
This teaching resource includes a collection of games that promote fun, active ways of revising learning you have been doing in the classroom. You can get small groups or your whole class involved in helping each other retain concepts in numeracy, literacy or even inquiry topics you are currently focusing on.
This teaching resource pack includes:
- Multiplication Hopscotch Active Learning
- Equation Tails Active Learning
- Dodging Equations Active Learning
- Adver-relays Active Learning Game
- Ten Add Bowling Active Learning
- Divide and Conquer Active Learning
- Musical Equations Active Learning
- Value Your Place Active Learning
"I love teach starter and am so thankful to have found such a great resource collection. The fee is only a few hours pay and I saved myself that much work within the first 15 minutes!" ~ Nanci, a happy Teach Starter member.
Want to see why hundreds of thousands of teachers love Teach Starter? Download a FREE 200+ page pack of premium Teach Starter teaching resources.
Australian Curriculum alignment
- English > Year 3 > Language > Expressing and developing ideas > ACELA1481
Understand that a clause is a unit of grammar usually containing a subject and a verb and that these need to be in agreementElaborationsknowing that a clause is basically a group of words that contain...
- English > Year 4 > Language > Expressing and developing ideas > ACELA1493
Understand that the meaning of sentences can be enriched through the use of noun groups/phrases and verb groups/phrases and prepositional phrasesElaborationscreating richer, more specific descriptions...
- English > Year 1 > Language > Expressing and developing ideas > ACELA1452
Explore differences in words that represent people, places and things (nouns, including pronouns), happenings and states (verbs), qualities (adjectives) and details such as when, where and how (adverb...
- English > Year 2 > Language > Expressing and developing ideas > ACELA1468
Understand that nouns represent people, places, concrete objects and abstract concepts; that there are three types of nouns: common, proper and pronouns; and that noun groups/phrases can be expanded u...
- English > Year 3 > Language > Expressing and developing ideas > ACELA1482
Understand that verbs represent different processes, for example doing, thinking, saying, and relating and that these processes are anchored in time through tenseElaborationsidentifying different...
- English > Year 4 > Language > Expressing and developing ideas > ACELA1495
Understand how adverb groups/phrases and prepositional phrases work in different ways to provide circumstantial details about an activityElaborationsinvestigating in texts how adverb group/phrases and...
- English > Foundation Year > Language > Expressing and developing ideas > ACELA1437
Understand the use of vocabulary in familiar contexts related to everyday experiences, personal interests and topics taught at schoolElaborationsbuilding vocabulary through multiple speaking and liste...
- English > Year 1 > Language > Expressing and developing ideas > ACELA1454
Understand the use of vocabulary in everyday contexts as well as a growing number of school contexts, including appropriate use of formal and informal terms of address in different contextsElaboration...
- English > Year 2 > Language > Expressing and developing ideas > ACELA1470
Understand the use of vocabulary about familiar and new topics and experiment with and begin to make conscious choices of vocabulary to suit audience and purposeElaborationsinterpreting new terminolog...
- English > Year 3 > Language > Expressing and developing ideas > ACELA1484
Learn extended and technical vocabulary and ways of expressing opinion including modal verbs and adverbsElaborationsexploring examples of language which demonstrate a range of feelings and positions, ...
- English > Year 5 > Language > Expressing and developing ideas > ACELA1512
Understand the use of vocabulary to express greater precision of meaning, and know that words can have different meanings in different contextsElaborationsmoving from general, ‘all-purpose&rsquo...
- Mathematics > Year 4 > Number and Algebra > Number and place value > ACMNA074
Investigate number sequences involving multiples of 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, and 9Elaborationsrecognising that number sequences can be extended indefinitely, and determining any patterns in the sequences (Skill...
- Mathematics > Year 5 > Number and Algebra > Number and place value > ACMNA101
Solve problems involving division by a one digit number, including those that result in a remainderElaborationsusing the fact that equivalent division calculations result if both numbers are divided b...
- English > Year 4 > Language > Expressing and developing ideas > ACELA1498
Incorporate new vocabulary from a range of sources into studentsâ own texts including vocabulary encountered in researchElaborationsbuilding etymological knowledge about word origins (for example...
- Mathematics > Year 3 > Number and Algebra > Number and place value > ACMNA056
Recall multiplication facts of two, three, five and ten and related division factsElaborationsestablishing multiplication facts using number sequences (Skills: Numeracy, Critical and Creative Thinking...
- Mathematics > Year 4 > Number and Algebra > Number and place value > ACMNA076
Develop efficient mental and written strategies and use appropriate digital technologies for multiplication and for division where there is no remainderElaborationsusing known facts and strategies, su...
Photos of this resource, shared by teachers, parents and the Teach Starter team!
Share this teaching resource
Do you have friends missing out on Teach Starter? Share this teaching resource with your friends and colleagues!
Comments & Reviews
Check out our two new additional learning games Musical Equations and Value Your Place. We would love to hear what you students think about them in your classrooms.
Addition by Royce (Teach Starter) 19th Nov, 2018
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!