Use this set of 16 treasure-inspired literature task cards with any literary text!
Treasure-Themed Generic Literature Task Cards
Books are one of life’s greatest treasures!
You’ll find a diverse range of literature tasks within this set of 16 treasure-inspired task cards! The tasks have been specifically designed to be used in conjunction with any literary text, making life easier when it comes to literacy planning! Here are some examples of the kinds of tasks included in this resource:
- Imagine you find a treasure chest on a deserted island. Inside the chest are three of your favourite books. What are they? Why are they your favourite?
- Go on a scavenger hunt in the library to find as many books about treasure as you can. Choose one of the books to read. Write a book report about the story.
- Using old magazines, create a collage of the things that you treasure. Write a paragraph about your collage.
- Choose a story that you know well. Draw a treasure map of the setting. Choose an item from the book to hide as the treasure.
- Write an acrostic poem about your favourite book using the word ‘treasure’.
Scaffolding and Extension Tips
The beauty of these tasks is their open-ended nature! Students have the ability to engage with the tasks at their own level. More-capable students in particular have the option of taking these tasks as far as they are able to!
In addition to individual work, these cards can also be used for:
- Whole-class reviews (via smartboard)
- Reading group activities
- Independent learning
Easily Prepare This Resource for Your Students
Use the dropdown menu to choose between the full-colour or black-and-white PDF.
Print the task cards on thick card for added durability. Store them together in an envelope or large zip-lock bag for safekeeping.