A set of 10 ad-lib style stories for students to complete.
Your students will love creating hilarious stories with these Comical Chronicles!
Ways to use this teaching resource:
HINT: Putting these in a write and wipe pocket will make them durable and reusable!
- Partner A asks Partner B for the words on the sheet (adjective, noun, etc.) and writes them in the blanks.
- Partner B fills in the story with the words chosen.
- Partner A reads the comical chronicle out loud.
- Partners switch roles.
- Students only get the first sheet so they cannot see what the story is about.
- Students fill in the blanks with the words called for, then they get the second sheet and write them into the story.
- Students read their comical chronicle.
These make a great activity for your writing centers or for fast finishers!
Australian Curriculum alignment
Understand that the meaning of sentences can be enriched through the use of noun groups/phrases and verb groups/phrases and prepositional phrasesElaborationscreating richer, more specific descriptions through the use of noun groups/phrases (for examp...
Understand how noun groups/phrases and adjective groups/phrases can be expanded in a variety of ways to provide a fuller description of the person, place, thing or ideaElaborationslearning how to expand a description by combining a related set of nou...
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!