What Are Persuasive Devices?Persuasive devices are language techniques that, when used strategically and appropriately throughout a piece of writing, work to sway the reader to a particular point of view. Persuasive devices are used to:
- create a bond between the author and the reader or listener
- reinforce and emphasise the author’s viewpoint
- appeal to the emotions of the reader or listener
- make the author seem knowledgeable, reliable and correct
- make other views seem foolish, dangerous and wrong.