Part of a series of inference scenario worksheets to use when teaching your students how to infer information from images.
Inferring is a valuable skill for students to apply when engaging with and responding to texts.
This worksheet provides an inference scenario and a series of questions which will prompt the students to answer questions about what is going on in the scenario and to decide whether they have used inference or prediction in giving their answers. The questions asked are:
- What kind of shop is the octopus working in?
- What kind of shop is the hammerhead shark working in?
- What kind of shop is the crab working in?
- What is the jellyfish carrying in its shopping bag?
- How is the turtle feeling? Why do you think this?
- Which fish is feeling scared? Why do you think this?
- Which fish is feeling amazed? Why do you think this?
- What will the seahorse order?