A visual display for your classroom to help students ‘bump up’ their narrative writing.
The aim of this visible learning classroom display is to help students ‘bump up’ their imaginative writing. The display enables students to identify the approximate level of a narrative text they have written, then use the goals provided to ‘uplevel’ their writing.
This display includes:
- a title banner (narrative writing and imaginative writing options)
- four example texts of varying levels (simple to complex)
- statements describing the structural and language features included in each example text
- goals for ‘bumping up’ each example text.
To create the display:
- Print out all of the components.
- Place the title banner at the top of the display.
- Place the texts in order (1-4) horizontally.
- List the ‘This piece of writing includes…’ statements vertically underneath the corresponding text.
- List the ‘This piece of writing could be improved by…’ goals vertically underneath the corresponding text.
To print the banner:
- Open the PDF file you have just downloaded, in Adobe Reader.
- In Adobe Reader, click on the printer icon to bring up the print dialogue box.
- With the print dialogue box opens, click on the ‘Poster’ tab.
- Next, adjust the ‘Tile Scale’ until you have the desired layout displaying in the preview section.
- Once you’re happy with the preview layout, click ‘Print’!
Australian Curriculum alignment
Create literary texts using realistic and fantasy settings and characters that draw on the worlds represented in texts students have experiencedElaborationsusing texts with computer-based graphics, animation and 2D qualities, consider how and why par...
Create literary texts that experiment with structures, ideas and stylistic features of selected authorsElaborationsdrawing upon fiction elements in a range of model texts - for example main idea, characterisation, setting (time and place), narrative ...
Plan, draft and publish imaginative, informative and persuasive print and multimodal texts, choosing text structures, language features, images and sound appropriate to purpose and audienceElaborationsusing research from print and digital resources t...
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!