A comprehensive list of the National Literacy Learning Progressions and editable progression tracker cards.
The purpose of these Literacy Progressions Trackers is to assist you in understanding where an individual student is now and where the student needs to go next in their literacy development.
The progressions provide a tool to:
- locate the literacy development of students and identify the literacy development that should follow
- facilitate a shared professional understanding of literacy development.
Within each progression, the largest structural unit is an element. Elements are further divided into sub-elements, which are populated with indicators. The indicators within a sub-element are grouped together to form developmental levels.
Use this resource by:
- creating a visible learning classroom display by using the editable template included (see drop down menu)
- setting goals for a small target group of students
- monitoring literacy development.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!