A comprehensive list of the National Literacy Learning Progressions and editable progression tracker cards.
The purpose of these Literacy Progressions Trackers is to assist you in understanding where an individual student is now and where the student needs to go next in their literacy development.
The progressions provide a tool to:
- locate the literacy development of students and identify the literacy development that should follow
- facilitate a shared professional understanding of literacy development.
Within each progression, the largest structural unit is an element. Elements are further divided into sub-elements, which are populated with indicators. The indicators within a sub-element are grouped together to form developmental levels.
Use this resource by:
- creating a visible learning classroom display by using the editable template included (see drop down menu)
- setting goals for a small target group of students
- monitoring literacy development.
Use the drop-down menu to select the following download options:
A version of this teaching resource document can be opened and edited in Microsoft Word, allowing you to add your own custom content.How do I open and edit this Word document?
"I love teach starter and am so thankful to have found such a great resource collection. The fee is only a few hours pay and I saved myself that much work within the first 15 minutes!" ~ Nanci, a happy Teach Starter member.
Want to see why hundreds of thousands of teachers love Teach Starter? Download a FREE 200+ page pack of premium Teach Starter teaching resources.
Find more resources for these topics
Comments & Reviews
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!