A comprehensive list of the National Literacy Learning Progressions and editable progression tracker cards.
The purpose of these Literacy Progressions Trackers is to assist you in understanding where an individual student is now and where the student needs to go next in their literacy development.
The progressions provide a tool to:
- locate the literacy development of students and identify the literacy development that should follow
- facilitate a shared professional understanding of literacy development.
Within each progression, the largest structural unit is an element. Elements are further divided into sub-elements, which are populated with indicators. The indicators within a sub-element are grouped together to form developmental levels.
Use this resource by:
- creating a visible learning classroom display by using the editable template included (see drop down menu)
- setting goals for a small target group of students
- monitoring literacy development.