A comprehensive list of the National Numeracy Learning Progressions and editable progression tracker cards.
The purpose of these Numeracy Progressions Trackers is to assist you in understanding where an individual student is now and where the student needs to go next in their numeracy development.
The progressions provide a tool to:
- locate the numeracy development of students and identify the numeracy development that should follow
- facilitate a shared professional understanding of numeracy development.
Within each progression, the largest structural unit is an element. Elements are further divided into sub-elements, which are populated with indicators. The indicators within a sub-element are grouped together to form developmental levels.
This resource could be used in multiple ways, such as:
- creating a visible learning classroom display by using the editable template included (see drop-down menu)
- setting goals for a small target group of students
- monitoring numeracy development.
An editable Word document has been provided for you to copy and paste in the progressions you would like to use. Two pages have been provided as a start for your document.