A pack of 10 posters explaining some of the most commonly used reading comprehension strategies.
This pack of posters includes:
- Title poster – Reading Strategies
- Overview poster – Definitions of all eight strategies
- Making Connections – What do I already know about this topic?
- Predicting – What do I think will happen?
- Monitoring – Is the text making sense to me as I read?
- Clarifying – What actions can I take to make greater sense of the text?
- Visualising – What sights, smells and sounds am I imagining as I read the text?
- Inferring – What clues has the author given me to help create meaning from the text?
- Questioning – What questions can I ask to help create meaning from the text?
- Summarising – What are the most important ideas in the text?
Plan to inspire every child with hundreds of teacher planning and wellness stickers or one of two merit sticker books. Get your free book with a Teach Plus plan.Upgrade to Teach Plus and claim → Learn more
Free Sticker Books Terms & Conditions: The free sticker book offer is only available for 1 claim per active Plus & Ultimate plan members during the promotional period commencing on the 6th December 2019 and closes when stocks run out. To claim the promotional gift, claimants must validate their postal address via our online form. Teach Starter reserves the right to change, amend or end a promotion at any time without notice.
Find more resources for these topics
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!