A set of 6 worksheets teaching the concept of simple, compound and complex sentences.
This worksheet pack includes:
- What is a Sentence? worksheet – students create meaningful sentences by matching the sentence beginnings with a sentence ending.
- Simple Sentences worksheet – students underline the subject and verb in simple sentences and complete a cloze activity.
- Compound Sentences worksheet – students choose which conjunction works best to join simple sentences.
- Complex Sentences worksheet – students choose which conjunction works best to join clauses together to make a complex sentence. Students also highlight the independent clause in complex sentences.
- Sorting Sentences – Students sort simple, compound and complex sentences into their correct categories.
Other resources you may like:
A 23 slide editable PowerPoint template which introduces the attributes of simple, compound and complex sentences.
Use this set of 16 colourful flashcards to introduce students to the attributes that make up simple, compound and complex sentences.