A set of 6 worksheets teaching the concept of simple, compound and complex sentences.
This worksheet pack includes:
- What is a Sentence? worksheet – students create meaningful sentences by matching the sentence beginnings with a sentence ending.
- Simple Sentences worksheet – students underline the subject and verb in simple sentences and complete a cloze activity.
- Compound Sentences worksheet – students choose which conjunction works best to join simple sentences.
- Complex Sentences worksheet – students choose which conjunction works best to join clauses together to make a complex sentence. Students also highlight the independent clause in complex sentences.
- Sorting Sentences – Students sort simple, compound and complex sentences into their correct categories.
Other resources you may like:
Download this resource as part of a larger resource pack or Unit Plan.
NSW Curriculum alignment
Uses basic grammatical features, punctuation conventions and vocabulary appropriate to the type of text when responding to and composing texts
Victorian Curriculum alignment
Understand that simple connections can be made between ideas by using a compound sentence with two or more clauses usually linked by a coordinating conjunction
Australian Curriculum alignment
Understand that simple connections can be made between ideas by using a compound sentence with two or more clauses usually linked by a coordinating conjunctionElaborationslearning how to express ideas using compound sentences (Skills: Literacy, Criti...
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Spelling mistake on page 2 fixed: 'simiple' changed to 'simple'
Fix by Tom (Teach Starter) May 1st, 2020
Re-worded two sentences in the compound sentences worksheet to avoid any confusion.
Change by Holly (Teach Starter) Jan 14th, 2018
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!