A set of 6 worksheets teaching the concept of simple, compound, and complex sentences.
This worksheet pack includes:
- What is a Sentence? worksheet – students create meaningful sentences by matching the sentence beginnings with a sentence ending.
- Simple Sentences worksheet – students underline the subject and verb in simple sentences and complete a cloze activity.
- Compound Sentences worksheet – students choose which conjunction works best to join simple sentences.
- Complex Sentences worksheet – students choose which conjunction works best to join clauses together to make a complex sentence. Students also highlight the independent clause in complex sentences.
- Sorting Sentences – Students sort simple, compound, and complex sentences into their correct categories.
Other resources you may like: