A 27 slide editable PowerPoint template containing detailed geographical information about Australia’s states and territories.
Mapping is an important geographical skill for students to master.
- an introduction to mapping
- an overview of the current map of Australia
- a timeline of the formation of Australia’s states and territories
- an examination of the geographical location of each state and territory
- an introduction to the capital cities and major regional centres of each state and territory.
This PowerPoint presentation includes:
- informative slides
- links to resources
- whole class activities
- independent tasks.
How do I open and edit this PowerPoint presentation?
"I love teach starter and am so thankful to have found such a great resource collection. The fee is only a few hours pay and I saved myself that much work within the first 15 minutes!" ~ Nanci, a happy Teach Starter member.
Want to see why hundreds of thousands of teachers love Teach Starter? Download a FREE 200+ page pack of premium Teach Starter teaching resources.
Australian Curriculum alignment
- Humanities and Social Sciences > HASS > Year 3 > Inquiry and skills > Analysing > ACHASSI057
Interpret data and information displayed in different formats, to identify and describe distributions and simple patternsElaborationsfinding the meaning of acronyms/initialisms they encounter (for exa...
- Humanities and Social Sciences > HASS > Year 3 > Inquiry and skills > Researching > ACHASSI054
Record, sort and represent data and the location of places and their characteristics in different formats, including simple graphs, tables and maps, using discipline-appropriate conventionsElaboration...
- Humanities and Social Sciences > HASS > Year 3 > Knowledge and Understanding > Geography > ACHASSK066
The representation of Australia as states and territories and as Countries/Places of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples; and major places in Australia, both natural and humanElaborationsusi...
Photos of this resource, shared by teachers, parents and the Teach Starter team!
Find more resources for these topics
Comments & Reviews
File resaved with fonts embedded.
Change by Stephanie (Teach Starter) 10th Aug, 2017
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!