Use this deck of 30 cards to practice different concepts with unit fractions.
Unit Fractions – Free Printable Cards
Are your students learning about unit fractions? If you need a printable resource that can be used for various activities, you have come to the right place!
Some ways to use these unit fraction cards:
- Have students flip over a card and draw a pictorial model.
- Have students flip over two cards and write a comparative statement using both fractions.
- Have students flip over a card and write a unit fraction that is greater than and less than the given fraction.
- Have students build a number line from 0 to 1 using some of the cards.
- For older students, flip two cards over and find the sum or difference.
These flashcards work beautifully when printed on thick card and placed into a math centre.
Tips for Differentiation + Scaffolding
A team of dedicated, experienced educators created this resource to support your maths lessons.
If you have a mixture of above and below-level learners, check out these suggestions for keeping students on track with the concepts:
🧑🤝🧑 Jump In Line
Have students stand up and provide each with a number card. Then challenge them to silently put themselves in numerical order.
🖍️ Draw It!
This activity can also be used as a formative assessment. Pick a random assortment of cards and project them on the board for the whole class to see. Have each student draw a different representation for each unit fraction. This may be a visual model, number line, etc.
Easily Prepare This Resource for Your Students
Use the dropdown icon on the Download button to choose between the PDF or editable Google Slides version of this resource.
Print on thick card for added durability and longevity. Place all pieces in a folder or large envelope for easy access.
Cassandra Friesen, a Teach Starter collaborator contributed to this resource.