A beautifully designed, 24-page reading magazine specifically designed for Year 5 students.
Liven up your literacy rotations with Teach Starter’s beautifully designed and highly informative magazine, What’s Buzzing?
The magazine’s content has been specifically curated for Year 5 students. It uses age-appropriate vocabulary and a variety of text types to address a wide range of relevant and engaging topics. The articles contained within the magazine directly relate to learning areas such as Science, History, Geography, The Arts, and Health and Physical Education.
Some of the highlights of this issue include:
- “The Secret Society of Vegetable Venerators” (narrative)
- “Blubber Me! Experiment” (procedure)
- “Fossicking for Fossils” (information report)
- “Overfishing” (infographic)
- “Healthy Mind, Healthy Body – The Value of Vegetables” (comic).
Five sets of task cards addressing the areas of writing, language, comprehension, reading strategies, and higher-order thinking skills have been developed to support and complement the magazine’s content. Download the What’s Buzzing? Task Cards.[resource:4430029]