A fun dog-themed number sequencing activity.
Use this teaching resource in the classroom when learning to count and sequence numbers from 1 to 9.
To make this resource:
- Print out the head and tail of the dog and the individual number sequencing cards on cardstock.
- Print out the ‘number expander’ then fold to create an accordion tummy. Attach to the dog’s head and tail.
- Attach velcro dots to the back of each number card and to each rectangle on the ‘number expander’.
- Provide students with a complete set of the dog and number sequencing cards. Students use the cards to sequence the numbers from 1 to 9.
- Alternatively, students can sequence the number cards on the floor from 1 to 9 with the dog’s head at the start and its tail at the end.
Choose between using dot cards or number cards.
A black and white version has been provided for students to create their own. Use the blank expanders for students to write their own numbers.
Older students may like to use the blank template as a skip counting sequencing activity.