Posters outlining the processes involved when adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing fractions.
Display these posters in your classroom as visual reminders when performing operations with fractions.
Resource Pack This resource is part of the Math Resource Pack for Parents - Fractions and Decimals. Download this resource and 4 other resources in the complete pack. View the pack...
How do I print this teaching resource?
"I love teach starter and am so thankful to have found such a great resource collection. The fee is only a few hours pay and I saved myself that much work within the first 15 minutes!" ~ Nanci, a happy Teach Starter member.
Want to see why hundreds of thousands of teachers love Teach Starter? Download a FREE 200+ page pack of premium Teach Starter teaching resources.
Common Core State Standards alignment
- Grade 4 > Standards for Mathematical Practice > Number & Operations - Fractions > Build fractions from unit fractions > CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.4.NF.B.3 > CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.4.NF.B.3.A
Understand addition and subtraction of fractions as joining and separating parts referring to the same whole....
- Grade 4 > Standards for Mathematical Practice > Number & Operations - Fractions > Build fractions from unit fractions > CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.4.NF.B.3 > CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.4.NF.B.3.C
Add and subtract mixed numbers with like denominators, e.g., by replacing each mixed number with an equivalent fraction, and/or by using properties of operations and the relationship between addition and subtraction....
- Grade 5 > Standards for Mathematical Practice > Number & Operations - Fractions > Use equivalent fractions as a strategy to add and subtract fractions > CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.5.NF.A.1
Add and subtract fractions with unlike denominators (including mixed numbers) by replacing given fractions with equivalent fractions in such a way as to produce an equivalent sum or difference of fractions with like denominators. For example, 2/3 + 5...
- Grade 5 > Standards for Mathematical Practice > Number & Operations - Fractions > Apply and extend previous understandings of multiplication and division > CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.5.NF.B.4
Apply and extend previous understandings of multiplication to multiply a fraction or whole number by a fraction....
- Grade 6 > Standards for Mathematical Practice > The Number System > Apply and extend previous understandings of multiplication and division to divide fractions by fractions > CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.6.NS.A.1
Interpret and compute quotients of fractions, and solve word problems involving division of fractions by fractions, e.g., by using visual fraction models and equations to represent the problem. For example, create a story context for (2/3) ÷ (3/4) a...
Photos of this resource, shared by teachers, parents and the Teach Starter team!
Find more resources for these topics
Comments & Reviews
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!