A small group bug swatting game to consolidate the concept of digraph graphemes at the beginning of a word.
🦟 Swat Those Bug Digraphs – Digraph Game
This is a fun activity that your students will love to play all while practicing their knowledge of digraphs. This resource includes the following:
- Four bugs each with a digraph – sh, wh, the, and ch
- Set of 24 game cards with pictures and words beginning with the above digraphs
- Four printable bug swats if needed
- Teacher instructions
How to Use This Digraph Game
- Laminate and cut out the game cards and four bugs. It is best to have a fly swat; however, students can just use their hands.
- Place the bugs on the floor and the game cards in a pile beside the bugs.
- Students take turns to turn over a game card. They must say the word on the card, then swat the bug that shows the corresponding digraph e.g. if the student chose the card showing the word ship, the student would need to swat the bug with the ‘sh’ digraph on it.
Download and Play Today!
This resource is available to download in an easy-to-print PDF.
More Digraph Activities
Are you looking for more resources to bulk out your phonics lessons? We have you covered…
[resource:5026103] [resource:2671194] [resource:5026528]