A set of 6 phonics games played in pairs to assist students in recognizing different vowel and consonant digraphs in words.
A fantastic set of phonics games to reinforce different consonant and vowel digraphs.
Students play each game with a partner. Each player chooses a different color counter to use as game pieces. They roll the accompanying Consonant or Vowel Digraph Die, and find a word containing the digraph. They say the word, and cover it with a game piece. The first person to cover a row vertically, horizontally, or diagonally is the winner!
For younger students, you might like to give each student their own game board to play on. To create more of a challenge, have the pair of students play from the same board. Once a word is covered, it cannot be used again.
These resources make great reading center activities!
This resource includes the following game boards:
- Vowel Digraph Roll Game (blue) and matching die (ar, ai, ay, ee, ea, and ey)
- Vowel Digraph Roll Game (yellow) and matching die (ow, ou, or, aw, ue, and ew)
- Vowel Digraph Roll Game (red) and matching die (oi, oy, ur, er, ir, and oa)
- Consonant Digraph Roll Game (purple) and matching die (sh, ch, th, ph, bb, and ll)
- Consonant Digraph Roll Game (green) and matching die (ge, ck, kn, ng, wr, and wh).