A 3 page worksheet using a labeled fractions wall to investigate equivalence.
Students use the labeled fractions wall provided to complete the following tasks:
- finding equivalent fractions for one half, one third, one quarter and one fifth
- ordering fractions from smallest to largest
- comparing fractions
- coloring and labeling an example of an equivalent fraction.
A version of this resource with an unlabeled fractions wall is also available.
How do I print this teaching resource?
"I love teach starter and am so thankful to have found such a great resource collection. The fee is only a few hours pay and I saved myself that much work within the first 15 minutes!" ~ Nanci, a happy Teach Starter member.
Want to see why hundreds of thousands of teachers love Teach Starter? Download a FREE 200+ page pack of premium Teach Starter teaching resources.
Common Core State Standards alignment
- Grade 3 > Standards for Mathematical Practice > Number & Operations - Fractions > Develop understanding of fractions as numbers > CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.3.NF.A.3
Explain equivalence of fractions in special cases, and compare fractions by reasoning about their size....
- Grade 4 > Standards for Mathematical Practice > Number & Operations - Fractions > Extend understanding of fraction equivalence and ordering > CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.4.NF.A.1
Explain why a fraction a/b is equivalent to a fraction (n × a)/(n × b) by using visual fraction models, with attention to how the number and size of the parts differ even though the two fractions themselves are the same size. Use this principle to ...
- Grade 4 > Standards for Mathematical Practice > Number & Operations - Fractions > Extend understanding of fraction equivalence and ordering > CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.4.NF.A.2
Compare two fractions with different numerators and different denominators, e.g., by creating common denominators or numerators, or by comparing to a benchmark fraction such as 1/2. Recognize that comparisons are valid only when the two fractions ref...
Photos of this resource, shared by teachers, parents and the Teach Starter team!
Find more resources for these topics
Comments & Reviews
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!