A 14 slide editable PowerPoint template to use when teaching younger students about how to build a character for a narrative text.
- an overview of what characters are
- an explanation of how to develop a character by focusing on their appearance, personality and feelings
- a sample description of Jack from the fairy tale, Jack and the Beanstalk.
How do I open and edit this PowerPoint presentation?
"I love teach starter and am so thankful to have found such a great resource collection. The fee is only a few hours pay and I saved myself that much work within the first 15 minutes!" ~ Nanci, a happy Teach Starter member.
Want to see why hundreds of thousands of teachers love Teach Starter? Download a FREE 200+ page pack of premium Teach Starter teaching resources.
Common Core State Standards alignment
- Grade 1 > English Language Arts Standards > Writing > Text Types and Purposes > CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.W.1.3
Write narratives in which they recount two or more appropriately sequenced events, include some details regarding what happened, use temporal words to signal event order, and provide some sense of closure....
- Grade 2 > English Language Arts Standards > Writing > Text Types and Purposes > CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.W.2.3
Write narratives in which they recount a well-elaborated event or short sequence of events, include details to describe actions, thoughts, and feelings, use temporal words to signal event order, and provide a sense of closure....
Photos of this resource, shared by teachers, parents and the Teach Starter team!
Comments & Reviews
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!