Write narrative, informative, and opinion text for Grandparents Day gifts with writing prompts for second grade.
Grandparents Day Writing Prompts for Second Grade
Grandparents Day is approaching, and while it is fun to celebrate, we know you still have content to teach. Why not combine your writing lessons and your Grandparents Day celebrations into one with our guided writing prompts.
Just a few of the writing prompts for second grade included are
- If you could give your grandparents anything in the world, what would you give them? Why?
- What have you learned from your grandparents? What have they taught you?
- Do you have a special memory with your grandparents? Why is it special? Does it make you happy?
- And more!
This resource includes ten different Grandparents Day writing prompts in various writing genres. Prompts for informative, opinion, and narrative writing are included.
Tips for Differentiation + Scaffolding
In addition to independent student work time, use this worksheet as an activity for:
Some ideas to help struggling writers are
- Complete the writing activities in small groups or in 1:1 learning sessions.
- Brainstorm ideas as a group and record them on the board or on poster paper. Allow students to reference these ideas while completing their writing.
- Provide your students with a narrative, informational, or opinion writing anchor chart to reference during writing.
Options for fast finishers
- Give your fast finishers another prompt worksheet to work on, and they can assemble them into a Grandparents Day book to give to their loved ones.
Easily Download & Print
Use the dropdown icon on the Download button to choose between the PDF or Google Slides version of this resource.
This resource was created by Lindsey Phillips, a teacher in Michigan and Teach Starter Collaborator.
Don’t stop there! We’ve got more activities to shorten your lesson planning time:
Practice mindfulness and make Grandparents Day gifts with a printable greeting card. Celebrate Grandparents Day in the classroom with a Grandparents A to Z Adjectives worksheet. A selection of invitations that students can pass out to grandparents for school celebrations.
Practice mindfulness and make Grandparents Day gifts with a printable greeting card.
Celebrate Grandparents Day in the classroom with a Grandparents A to Z Adjectives worksheet.
A selection of invitations that students can pass out to grandparents for school celebrations.