A set of posters displaying symbols students can use to monitor their understanding of a text.
Students can use the symbols on the posters to annotate texts as they are reading. This helps them to regularly monitor their level of understanding.
There are symbols for the following:
- I understand this part of the text.
- I am confused by this part of the text.
- I am surprised by this part of the text.
- I think this part of the text is important.
- I learned something new from this part of the text.
- I really enjoyed this part of the text.
Students can practice using this strategy with this resource:[resource:2669246]