Get to know your new classroom "treasures" with a fun "All About Me" Craft Activity.
Looking for an “All About Me” Activity? This One’s a Real Treasure!
Use this activity to help students introduce themselves at the beginning of a new school year.
Students draw a collection of treasured items that represent their personalities and interests.
Create a Getting-to-Know-You Treasure Chest!
- Explain to the students that they are going to draw a collection of items to be kept inside their very own treasure chest. If possible, show the students a sample treasure chest you have drawn.
- As a class, brainstorm some treasured items that could be drawn inside the treasure chest e.g. a family photo album, a piece of sporting equipment, or a musical instrument.
- Provide the students with a treasure chest template. Have students draw their treasured items onto the paper coins provided in the resource, which are then cut out and glued onto the treasure chest template.
- Cut out the completed chest with coins inside and mount it to dark blue or black construction paper. Then use white or pale green crayon to draw in seaweed, etc.
- Once completed, encourage the students to share their treasure chests with the class. These could remain on display in the classroom or hallway throughout the school year.
Download and Print Your All About Me Craft
This resource downloads as a quick-print PDF resource file. Simply click the download button and print your copies. Give each student a treasure chest and a half-sheet of gold coins.