Practice summarizing a fictional text with this flipbook template.
Summarizing and maintaining logical order is a skill that does not always come naturally to students. Often, it is helpful for students to have a template to plan their summary.
This resource has students following the summarizing strategy Somebody Wanted But So Then:
- Somebody: Who is the main character?
- Wanted: What did the main character want?
- But: What was the problem?
- So: How was the problem solved?
- Then: How did the story end?
After filling out this template, students can take their summary and put it into writing.
To use this resource, provide each student with both pages. Students cut along the dotted lines of the first page, and glue the left edges of the two pages together. This will create a flipbook for students to use for summarising.