Improve sentence structure and grammar skills with a Google Interactive resource that focuses on a range of subject-verb agreement rules.
Digital Subject-Verb Agreement Activities on Deck!
This Google Interactive provides students with an opportunity to practice the concept of subject-verb agreement in a fun way. We know that making subjects and verbs agree is a difficult concept to understand, especially when it comes to singular and plural subjects. This digital activity allows your students to practice what they are learning by matching the correct subject and verb in each sentence.
The resource focuses on students’ ability to use a range of verb forms in sentences. The file gives students an instructional reference page and a multitude opportunities to complete sentences with appropriate singular and plural verb forms.
How Do Students Use This Resource?
- Download the Google Slides file and assign it to your students in Google Classroom.
- Students open the file in Google Slides (Edit Mode).
- Students will click, drag, and drop word tiles to complete sentences using the correct singular and plural verb forms.
Tips for Differentiation + Scaffolding
A team of dedicated, experienced educators created this resource for students to work on as a Writing Center activity.
You could also use this resource as
- A tool for direct instruction
- a lesson wrap-up
- a fast finishers activity
- a digital homework assignment.
For struggling readers and writers, try the following differentiation ideas:
- provide a subject-verb agreement anchor chart or other reference materials for students to refer to during independent practice
- partner struggling readers with other students to assist in the reading component of the activity.
Easily Download & Print
Use the dropdown icon on the Download button to choose between the Editable Google Slides version of the resource.
Get more verb-specific resources to have handy!
Kiri Sowers, a teacher in Illinois and Teach Starter Collaborator, created this resource.
Don’t stop there! We’ve got more activities to shorten your lesson planning time:
[resource:3021526] [resource:4823216] [resource:4822168]