Match pairs of synonyms with a set of printable synonym flash cards.
Let’s Teach Some Synonyms!
Are your students struggling to identify synonyms? Do they lack the vocabulary background to really understand what the words mean? We can help you get them up to speed with our library of synonym activities! Here are a few more ideas for teaching synonyms!
- Grab the Visual Aids! Show your kids a picture or an object and ask them to develop as many synonyms as possible.
- Word Association Games! Play a word association game where kids have to develop a synonym for a random word or word used in academic content.
- Let’s Write Synonym Stories! Create short stories where kids have to replace certain words with synonyms to make the story more interesting.
- Try Choosing a Word a Day! Choose a new word each day and discuss its synonyms.
- Encourage that Million Dollar Vocabulary! Encourage kids to use synonyms in their writing or when they describe things to make their language more interesting and varied.
Download and Print Your Synonyms Activities
Use this set of 60-word cards when your students are learning to identify synonym pairs. They can be used as a whole group activity, a reading small group activity, or use them as a reading center activity.
Print out, cut, and laminate the word cards for durability.