This Mathematics unit addresses the concept of telling the time to the hour, half hour and quarter hour.
It consists of 7 lessons of approximately 60 minutes duration.
The sequence of lessons and suggested time frames should be regarded as a guide only; teachers should pace lessons in accordance with the individual learning needs of their class.
An assessment task for monitoring student understanding of the unit objectives is included and will require an additional lesson.
This unit plan includes the following resources:
- Telling the Time Poster
- Telling the Time Clock Template
- 12-Hour Clock Template
- Analog Clock Worksheet (O’clock and Half Past)
- Skip Counting by 2, 3, 4, 5, and 10 Posters and Worksheets
- Analog Clock Features
- Time Dominoes – Half, Quarter, and Hour Intervals
- Blank Digital and Analog Clock Worksheet
- Digital Clock Template
- Digital and Analog Clock Template
- Telling the Time Bingo – Hour and Half-hour
- Minute Hand Only Clock Template
- Quarter Time Match-Up Worksheet
- Telling the Time Bingo – Hour, Half-hour, Quarter To and Quarter Past
- Time Assessment Worksheet – Grade 1 and Grade 2
- To understand and recognize the features of the analog clock.
- To tell the time on an analog clock to the half hour.
- To skip count in 5s when telling the time.
- To understand and recognize the features of the digital clock; and differentiate between digital and analog clocks.
- To review analog and digital times.
- To tell the time to the quarter hour on analog clocks.