A comprehensive set of posters, activities and worksheets related to the concept of light.
This teaching resource pack includes:
- Light Fantastic PowerPoint
- In the Shadows Worksheet
- Light and Shadow – Design an Experiment Worksheet
- Science Experiment – Angles of Reflection
- Refracting Light Task Cards
- In Living Color Worksheet
- See Light Through Me Worksheet
- Science Experiment – True Colors
- Science Experiment – Lights Line Up!
- Light Word Wall Vocabulary
- Light Display Banner Version 2
- What’s in the Box? – Worksheet
- Let the Sun Shine In! – Worksheet
- Science Experiment – Line Up the Light!
- Light Diffraction Poster
"I love teach starter and am so thankful to have found such a great resource collection. The fee is only a few hours pay and I saved myself that much work within the first 15 minutes!" ~ Nanci, a happy Teach Starter member.
Want to see why hundreds of thousands of teachers love Teach Starter? Download a FREE 200+ page pack of premium Teach Starter teaching resources.
Australian Curriculum alignment
- Science > Year 1 > Science Understanding > Physical sciences > ACSSU020
Light and sound are produced by a range of sources and can be sensedElaborationsrecognising senses are used to learn about the world around us: our eyes to detect light, our ears to detect sound, and ...
- Science > Year 1 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Nature and development of science > ACSHE021
Science involves observing, asking questions about, and describing changes in, objects and eventsElaborationsjointly constructing questions about the events and features of the local environment with ...
- Science > Year 1 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > ACSIS027
Use a range of methods to sort information, including drawings and provided tables and through discussion, compare observations with predictionsElaborationsusing matching activities, including identif...
- Science > Year 1 > Science Inquiry Skills > Evaluating > ACSIS213
Compare observations with those of othersElaborationsdiscussing observations as a whole class to identify similarities and differences in their observations (Skills: Literacy, Critical and Creative Th...
- Science > Year 1 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > ACSIS029
Represent and communicate observations and ideas in a variety of waysElaborationsdiscussing or representing what was discovered in an investigation (Skills: Literacy, Critical and Creative Thinking)en...
- Science > Year 5 > Science Understanding > Physical sciences > ACSSU080
Light from a source forms shadows and can be absorbed, reflected and refractedElaborationsdrawing simple labelled ray diagrams to show the paths of light from a source to our eyes (Skills: Literacy, N...
- Science > Year 5 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Nature and development of science > ACSHE081
Science involves testing predictions by gathering data and using evidence to develop explanations of events and phenomena and reflects historical and cultural contributionsElaborationsdeveloping an un...
- Science > Year 5 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > ACSIS093
Communicate ideas, explanations and processes using scientific representations in a variety of ways, including multi-modal textsElaborationsdiscussing how models represent scientific ideas and constru...
- Science > Year 5 > Science Inquiry Skills > Evaluating > ACSIS091
Reflect on and suggest improvements to scientific investigationsElaborationsworking collaboratively to identify where methods could be improved, including where testing was not fair and practices coul...
- Science > Year 5 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > ACSIS218
Compare data with predictions and use as evidence in developing explanationsElaborationssharing ideas as to whether observations match predictions, and discussing possible reasons for predictions bein...
- Science > Year 5 > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and predicting > ACSIS231
With guidance, pose clarifying questions and make predictions about scientific investigationsElaborationsexploring the range of questions that can be asked about a problem or phenomena and with guidan...
- Science > Year 5 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > ACSIS090
Construct and use a range of representations, including tables and graphs, to represent and describe observations, patterns or relationships in data using digital technologies as appropriateElaboratio...
- Science > Year 5 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > ACSIS087
Decide variables to be changed and measured in fair tests, and observe measure and record data with accuracy using digital technologies as appropriateElaborationsdiscussing in groups how investigation...
- Science > Year 5 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > ACSIS086
Identify, plan and apply the elements of scientific investigations to answer questions and solve problems using equipment and materials safely and identifying potential risksElaborationsexperiencing a...
Photos of this resource, shared by teachers, parents and the Teach Starter team!
Find more resources for these topics
Comments & Reviews
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!