A collection of hands-on activities and games targeted at upper years students who would benefit from consolidating their knowledge of phonics.
This teaching resource pack includes:
- Phonics Flashcards and Progress Tracker – Skateboard Theme
- Word Building Mat – Skateboard Theme
- Word Building Mat – Scooter Theme
- Phonics Flashcards and Progress Tracker – Motorbike Theme
- Phonics Flashcards and Progress Tracker – Scooter Theme
- Word Building Mat – Motorbike Theme
- Digraph Road Trip Board Game
"I love teach starter and am so thankful to have found such a great resource collection. The fee is only a few hours pay and I saved myself that much work within the first 15 minutes!" ~ Nanci, a happy Teach Starter member.
Want to see why hundreds of thousands of teachers love Teach Starter? Download a FREE 200+ page pack of premium Teach Starter teaching resources.
Australian Curriculum alignment
- English > Year 1 > Language > Phonics and word knowledge > ACELA1458
Use short vowels, common long vowels, consonant digraphs and consonant blends when writing, and blend these to read single syllable wordsElaborationsusing knowledge of letters and sounds to write word...
- English > Year 2 > Language > Phonics and word knowledge > ACELA1471
Understand how to use knowledge of digraphs, long vowels, blends and silent letters to spell one and two syllable words including some compound wordsElaborationsusing knowledge of known words to spell...
- English > Year 2 > Language > Phonics and word knowledge > ACELA1474
Orally manipulate more complex sounds in spoken words through knowledge of blending and segmenting sounds, phoneme deletion and substitution in combination with use of letters in reading and writingEl...
- English > Year 1 > Language > Phonics and word knowledge > ACELA1822
Segment consonant blends or clusters into separate phonemes at the beginnings and ends of one syllable wordsElaborationssaying sounds in order for a given spoken word, for example âs-p-oo-nâ...
Photos of this resource, shared by teachers, parents and the Teach Starter team!
Find more resources for these topics
Comments & Reviews
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!