Generate excitement about angles in your classroom by playing this whole-class types of angles bingo game.
Angles Bingo for Kids!
We all know that students love a little healthy competition when it comes to learning and revising key concepts! Bingo games introduce an element of friendly competition into your classroom, which can be a powerful motivator for students. It encourages them to pay attention and actively participate in the lesson. Additionally, the competitive aspect can foster a sense of achievement and can even boost self-esteem.
This printable bingo game has been designed by our experienced team of teachers to help your students revise the different types of angles they have learnt about in class. It comes with 40 calling cards and 30 different bingo boards. Four blank boards are also provided in the download.
The types of angles included in this bingo game are: Acute angles, right angles, obtuse angles, reflex angles, straight angles and revolutions.
With a few games of angles bingo under their belts, your students will be recognising these common types of angles in no time!
How to Play Angles Bingo
To play this angles bingo game:
- Distribute a bingo game board to each student, along with counters or buttons to cover the words as required.
- Draw a calling card and read the sentence aloud to the class.
- Students will then look at their bingo game boards to see if their board contains an example of the angle named. If so, they can place a counter over the square.
- Play continues until a student achieves a bingo by covering four squares in a row, either vertically, horizontally or diagonally.
- Continue as many times as needed, or have students switch to a new game board after each round.
Note: The ‘Free’ squares can be used automatically as part of any line.
Looking to spice up your bingo game? Why not have your students aim for the following winning combinations:
- Four corners
- The letter ‘X’
- Full house
How to Access Our Angles Bingo Game
This resource downloads as a full-colour or low-colour PDF. Use the Download button above to access your preferred file.
Print on thick card for added durability and longevity. Place all pieces in a folder or large envelope for easy access.
More Great Angles Activities
Looking for more great teacher-created resources to bring your angles lessons to life? Check out the suggestions below!
Help your students identify right angles in the environment with this monster-inspired right angle finder.
Explore the six main types of angles with this set of 24 task cards.
Remind your students about the most common types of angles with this set of six classroom posters.