A worksheet to deepen students' understanding of decimals.
Assign each student a decimal, or allow the students to choose their own decimal. This is written in the box at the top of the worksheet.
Students then complete a range of activities to describe their decimal. Activities include:
- identifying a decimal that is less than and greater than their chosen decimal
- identifying an equivalent fraction and percentage
- adding the decimal to a place value chart
- multiplying and dividing the decimal by 10, 100 and 1000
- rounding the decimal to the nearest unit, tenth and hundredth
- adding 1, 0.1 and 0.01 to the decimal.
Display the completed worksheets around your classroom.