Explore the place value of decimals with this versatile one-page printable worksheet.
The Ultimate Decimal Place Value Worksheet
When it comes to decimal place value, there are many concepts to cover! Thankfully, the expert Teach Starter team has created the ultimate decimal place value worksheet, covering eight (yes, eight!) different decimal place value concepts.
To complete the worksheet, students select a decimal and write it in the blank space at the top of the page. It is recommended that teachers provide some parameters for the decimal selection, e.g. The decimal must include tenths and hundreds, the decimal must not end in zero, the whole number in the decimal must be less than ten.
Using this decimal, they are required to complete the following activities:
- Write a decimal that is less than and greater than their chosen decimal.
- Write a fraction that is equivalent to their chosen decimal.
- Draw a visual model to represent their choice decimal.
- Add their chosen decimal to a place value chart.
- Multiply their chosen decimal by powers of 10 (10, 100, 1000).
- Divide their chosen decimal by powers of 10 (10, 100, 1000).
- Round their chosen decimal to the nearest one, tenth and hundredth.
- Add 1, 0.1 and 0.01 to their chosen decimal.
This one-page decimal place value worksheet downloads as a black-and-white printable PDF or an editable Google Slides file. The Google Slides file enables students to complete the worksheet electronically.
This resource offers a dynamic and engaging journey through decimals, providing students with the opportunity to grasp decimal concepts in a comprehensive and enjoyable manner.
Multiple Uses for This Decimals Worksheet
This versatile maths resource can be used in multiple ways while exploring decimals with your students. Check out some of these suggestions from our teacher team:
- Independent Practice – Assign the worksheet as individual homework or classwork for students to explore and reinforce decimal concepts independently.
- Collaborative Learning – Encourage group work where students can discuss their chosen decimals, share insights and collaboratively solve the activities.
- Assessment Tool – Use completed worksheets as a formative assessment tool to evaluate students’ understanding of decimal operations and concepts.
- Differentiation – Modify the resource for varied skill levels. For advanced students, add more challenging decimals. Provide additional guidance and support for those who may need it.
- Digital Integration – Integrate the Google Slides version of the resource with online learning platforms, fostering tech-savvy mathematical exploration.
Download to Delve Into Place Value of Decimals
Use the Download button above to select your preferred file option. (Note: You will be prompted to make a copy of the Google Slides template on your personal drive before accessing it.)
More Decimal Activities for Your Maths Lessons
Has this resource piqued your interest in our decimal activities? Click below for more teacher-created, curriculum-aligned resources!
[resource:2181] [resource:4950915] [resource:4950007]