Deepen your students' understanding of decimals with this one-page worksheet.
Use this teaching resource to help consolidate your students’ understanding of decimals.
Assign each student a decimal, or allow the students to choose their own. If you have access to a set of decimal dice, students can roll to get a starting decimal. This is written in the box at the top of the worksheet. Print this resource on cardstock and slide into a dry-erase pocket. Use with a dry-erase marker for added longevity.
Students complete a range of activities to describe their decimal.
- identifying a decimal that is less than and greater than their chosen decimal
- identifying an equivalent fraction
- representing the decimal using a visual model
- adding the decimal to a place value chart
- multiplying and dividing the decimal by 10; 100; and 1,000
- rounding the decimal to the nearest whole number, tenth, and hundredth
- writing the decimal in expanded notation.
We also have a version of this resource that replaces the visual representation by identifying an equivalent percentage. Use the drop-down menu and select “PDF that includes percent.”
Use this worksheet as a math warm-up, a guided math activity, or as a math center activity.
Looking for an interactive version to use with your students virtually? We have you covered. Use the drop-down menu to select that option!