A 31-slide PowerPoint template to use when exploring place value to the thousands place.
The following concepts are addressed in detail:
- place value to the thousands place
- writing 4-digit numbers in word form (and vice versa)
- decomposing numbers by place value
- using a numeral expander
- expanding numbers by place value
- writing numbers in expanded form
- rounding to the nearest 10 and 100.
This PowerPoint includes hyperlinks to the following place value teaching resources:
A worksheet to use to consolidate student understanding of place value to the thousands.
A resource to help reinforce place value and writing 4-digit numbers in expanded form.
A set of place value cards to help students explore and expand larger numbers.
A fun game for students to play in pairs to consolidate their understanding of rounding to 10; 100; or 1,000.
A worksheet to use when practicing place value with 4-digit numbers.