A 22 slide editable PowerPoint template to use when studying the human features of Australia.
What Are the Human Features of Places?
The human features of a place are those which come from human ideas and actions, such as human-made structures, population, occupations belief systems, languages and governments.
This PowerPoint presentation introduces students to the human features of Australia. These include:
- human-made structures
- population distribution
- belief systems.
What Are Australia’s Most Famous Landmarks?
Landmarks are human-made features of a place that are particularly well known. Examples of landmarks are buildings and bridges, sporting and shopping venues, memorials, and parks and gardens.
This resource takes your students on a journey around Australia to visit the most famous human-made landmarks in each state and territory. These include:
- Parliament House (Canberra, Australian Capital Territory)
- The Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge (Sydney, New South Wales)
- Flinders Street Railway Station (Melbourne, Victoria)
- The Story Bridge (Brisbane, Queensland)
- Kings Park (Perth, Western Australia)
- Adelaide Oval (Adelaide, South Australia)
- Cape Bruny Lighthouse (Hobart, Tasmania)
- Darwin Waterfront (Darwin, Northern Territory).
Download, Project, Teach!
Access the Microsoft PowerPoint presentation via the Download button above.
Project onto your interactive screen and work through the slides for a ready-made, paperless Geography lesson!